Thursday, May 15, 2008

My happy place

I have been busy the last few days trying to get my 'studio' together. I love calling it a 'studio', it sounds so artsy fartsy. It's actually bubs' old bedroom which is a teeny tiny space which I have taken the liberty of painting the girly girliest color I could find. It's still in it's beginning stages, I want a cork board up and some of my photos and stuff. But it's up and running and I actually made my first project. I am really somewhat of a fiasco when it comes to sewing. God bless me though, I keep on trying. I can do my quilts, which mostly contain squares, but give me a pattern or anything that requires precision and I am totally screwed. It's just not in my genetic makeup. I am more of a 'improvisational' type sewer. I found this tutorial and decided it was easy enough for me to try.
I have to say while I am not entirely thrilled at the results, I think I need to make the bag itself a little deeper and I have to work on the straps, I am ecstatic that the finished project actually resembled the one on the blog. That is big for me. I might use it today for a test run, and then see where I have to make improvements. I just hope it doesn't look too 'homemade' in a bad way. I love fabric and this one reminded me of oil cloth, which I am also dying to sew with but it involves changing the needle on my sewing machine, and I am ascared to do that.

All in all, I am really happy I have my own room now. I have been planning it since last October, and it has taken me this long to get it together. Now I can create, and move on to cleaning up my backyard and planting my veggies. Ahhh, a woman's work is never done.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

You did a great job! Enjoy it :)

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky! I love it! The bag is adorable. I look forward to when I can have my own room too. I used to rent a studio space for a while and it was great. Being able to escape and think in quiet is so nice.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the color you chose for the walls! Everything looks so nice and organized, and your bag is cute!

Hats off to you for even getting that far, sewing and me do not mix well. :)

~B. said...

So cute! I'm envious! I love your room...how exciting! I dream of my own room, too...though my dream usually involves a "girls-only" bathroom. And since I'm the only girl, that works. :)

Drama Mama said...

You go. Looks great, the bag is super cool, and you deserve every blessed moment in there.