5 things in my room
I wasn't sure which room I was supposed to pick. My husband is sleeping so I couldn't do our room, so I just picked my family room. It's been relatively child proofed for the last four years.
1) Zambezi river art~ When my husband and I were first married we went driving one day to westchester, just to enjoy the fall colors. We happened upon some kind of fair and one of the booths had these people selling art they got in Africa. We liked the hippo, the people we got it from said his name was 'Harvey'.
2) A mother's day gift from my son last year. I drag out all the stuff that he makes each year. This is a little jewelry box. 3) A remote control tarantula. No home would be complete without one. This one no longer works because one of his legs broke off. I don't think my husband will ever get rid of it though because he never throws anything away.
4) My very favorite photo of my husband and my son. When I went to pick up the pictures at the drugstore, they automatically made a large version of it for me to purchase. I love it for many reasons, but I think I found the intense eye contact between bubs and my husband very reassuring.
5) Our aquarium. This was bubs' Christmas present in '06. We wanted to find a 'mount wannahockalugey' like the one in Finding Nemo, but we haven't been able to. I do love the treasure chest though. It's a surprise every time.
5 things you have always wanted to do
2) Write a novel.
3) Go to the pyramids
4) Go on a safari in Africa
5) Overcome my overall anxiety about everything, including flying
5 Things you are currently Into
2) Learning photoshop elements
5) Fixing up my house. We are currently (and by we, I mean myself) undergoing 'operation cottage living'. I have compiled a list of things we can do to make this house look/feel better. I got a subscription to a magazine for Christmas entitled 'cottage living' and I have decided I can turn my little shack into a cottage. My efforts consist of me making lists, cutting out pictures, rearranging and organizing crap and nagging my husband to do stuff on the lists.
Now I have the task of finding five people who would like to do this meme. I have to admit, I am really not sure if I know five people in blogland that I can do this to. I am going to start by tagging my friend Queen of the binge. I know she is very busy, but I am going to tag her anyway. I will also tag my friends Cake, Jaws and J and C and Me . I know that's only four, but Marla would be my fifth person and she was the one who tagged moi. But if anyone is reading and would like to spill some deet's about their life, please do!!!
*eta: I am also tagging Momster, my new bloggy buddy!
5 things in my bag
1) A paint swatch. I just finished painting my 'room of one's own'. I wanted something soft and soothing, yet not boring. To be honest, it kind of looked like an 8 year old girl's room when I was finished. It was in need of a dollhouse and a canopy bed. Now that I have some of my supplies in it, plus my antique chair, I am starting to like it. I will be picking up my grandma's sewing machine table from my parent's garage on Sunday. Then it will feel complete.
2) A little notebook with a jeweled magnetic closure. I go to bookstores and look at books and write the titles down in this little book and then reserve them at my library. I also write down books that I read about in magazines or hear about somewhere else. I am always on the lookout for a good book.
3) A winning scratch off ticket that my husband gave me. It's for two dollars. I don't know why I am carrying it around with me. I should just cash it in before it disintigrates in the mayhem that is my bag.
4)My son's wallet. Today was Friday and we took his weeks earnings to Toys r us. This week was a windfall. He had nine whole dollars in there (which is more than I have been carrying around). He got an imaginext dinosaur and a package of markers. 5) My new change purse. My sister makes fun of my Vera Bradley obsession. She says they are 'farty old lady bags'. I used to be way cooler, but I am just mesmerized by the patterns on the fabric. Plus this change purse was free w/a coupon when I got my tote bag.
I just realized that I put the end of the post in the middle of the post. Arggghhhhh. Like I said, I am having some formatting issues with the picture posting. It's really annoying, but it's late and I just can't type out all the linkage again. Sorry.