Thursday, December 6, 2007

under the weather

Bonbon momma is not feeling good. I went to the doctor today and he told me I had a bad cold. A bad cold? Are you kidding me? This is not a bad cold, this is the plague. He did say that my cough required the z-pack and some allegra. I am usually not a fan of antibiotics unless absolutely necessary, but I really felt in this case I would concede. Besides, I only really care about what they do to my son's gut at this point in time. My gut is old and tired and probably beyond repair. He did offer to give me some 'strong cough medicine' but I graciously turned it down, the trooper that I am. As much as I would love me some codeine confections, I still need to be lucid in case bubs comes down with this horrendous illness (which I am hoping against hope doesn't happen).
At any rate, I am just knocked on my big fat butt right now. I'll be back and ranting in no time.

4 comments:

Maddy said...

You have my deepest sympathies. Just after the latest dental nightmare the dentist sent me home with some chemicals for pain. I asked if they'd effect my ability to drive etc. - 'oh yes, that's the whole idea, so you can rest' she blithely replied. I offered to swap the prescription for the kids, but she wasn't keen.
Cheers
This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

Drama Mama said...

Oh man, it does suck. I've got it too, and with final exams, I can't take a day off.

I like those DayQuil horse pills, because they have just enough decongestants to clear up my head and enough speed to get me through the day.

Horrible, these pharmaceuticals. But at least I can still get to work.
Hope you're better soon.

Essential Amy said...

Thank you both! Yeah I love the nyquil/dayquil handy pack. It's like the carousel of drugs we learned about in health class (except those were barbituates and cocaine,lol).
I will be so thankful and appreciative when my nostrils are restored to their previous functioning state. I cannot wait!

Jaws said...

I hope you feel better soon!!