Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summertime and the livin is easy...

Or not. Today I spent the better part of the noontime hour chasing around a dense pizza delivery person, while 6 very patient little persons (and their patient teachers) waited for what seemed like an eternity for their celebratory lunch to be delivered. I was definitely sweating the small stuff today, as class mom, I take my job VERY seriously and I wanted our end of the year party to be great. Hey, we wound up scrounging some pizza from the neighboring hallway's end of the year lunch for the kids, and eventually the lost delivery guy showed up and no one was worse for the wear. Especially me now, since I am on my second malibu and pineapple juice. I forgot how deeelish they are. So cheers everyone, here is to a wonderful, relaxing, simple, joyful summer, full of homemade lemonade and fireflies and short on mosquito bites and humidity.

(and hanging all your laundry on the line to dry, too, with a cute little clothespin holder that you made yourself)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

dude that sounds yummy!

Marla said...

Love the clothespin holder. I have been class mom a few times too. Lots of work but lots of fun.

Purple and Paisley said...

wow - awesome clothespin holder! i love your blog...=)...and thank you so much for stopping by mine...it's so nice to find new places to visit...